Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's a kindergarten tradition around here to dress up as Pilgrims & Indians.  Here's a flashback from when S was 5, and a current one of J.  I think my favorite part is the painted pasta necklaces.
I failed to mention in my previous post that I am also grateful for a husband who can cook.  We did very minimal planning for our Thanksgiving meal this year.  So Shaggy was left to season the chicken with what we happened to have in the house.  I don't know how he does it, but he pulled it off.  My culinary skills have yet to be tested when it comes to the main course for Thanksgiving.  Another thing for which I am very grateful.

K is showing promise in learning the traditional sweet potatoes with marshmallows recipe.  It was surprisingly good this year.  I'm typically not much of a sweet potato fan, but this batch was good for more than just toasted marshmallows.

With fork and spoon in hand, R is ready to have her plate loaded with food . . . to play with.  Though she did love the sweet potatoes, too.  It probably helped that we told her it was pumpkin pie.

We only break out the good plates a few times a year.  Which explains why we still have them.  J ducked out of the picture just before I took it.  Maybe he was self-conscious because he didn't comb his hair and it was still sticking up all over.  That happens a lot when we don't have to go anywhere.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: